The Williams Lake Dirt Riders Association track was bustling with action during the weekend when the lakecity played host to the MCQMX North Meets South Series at the Williams Lake Dirt Riders Association track.
The seventh stop of the eight-race series, which wraps up next with the Western Canadian Championships in Revelstoke July 5-8, saw close to 200 riders compete — roughly 50 of who were local.
“It’s been really smooth sailing,” said WLDRA executive member Tammy Deausy. “We had a couple of unfortunate injuries but overall the track’s held up well and the weather’s been dialed in.
“Only complaint we’ve heard has been the mosquitoes, but it’s just been that kind of year.”
Following the MCQMX BC Championship Series, a three-race circuit begins Aug. 11-12 in Nanaimo.
After Prince George hosts round two Sept. 1-2, Williams Lake will be the host of the third and final round of the BC Championships Sept 15-16.
“There’s pretty huge money up,” Deausy said. “You’ve got over $5,500 in purses between the pro and ladies divisions, and trophies up to fifth place.”
In Williams Lake, local riders were blazing up the track posting some top finishes. Overall results are as follows:
• Emma Porter – fifth, 50 cc 4-6, seventh, young ladies
• Jonas Frizzi – ninth, 50cc 7-8, ninth, 50cc open, 11th, 65cc 7-9
• Grace Porter – eighth, 50cc open, fourth, young ladies
• Noah Porter – first, 65cc 10-11, ninth, 85cc 7-11, first, supermini
• Thomas Kaiser – third, junior mx-2, second, junior mx-3, first, schoolboy
• Mike Pilgrim – eighth, junior mx-2
• Parker Sokolan – 13th, junior mx-2, ninth, schoolboy
• Ryan Arnold – 18th, junior mx-2, 15th, schoolboy
• Tristan Lulua – 19th, junior mx-2
• Travis Little – fifth, open beginner
• Aaron Lulua – 10th, open beginner
• Glen Oosting – sixth, plus 40, fifth, vet master
• Cody Bailey – 12th, schoolboy