Members of the Williams Lake Skating Club recently joined roughly 250 other competitors from Northern B.C. at the Cariboo North Central Regional championships.
The event, held Jan. 22-24, determines the top skaters in the region — one of five in the province — from Williams Lake to the Yukon border.
“We are the largest [zone] geographically,” said WLSC coach Joanne Macnair. “Great performances by all the skaters and many achieved their personal best score or placement.”
Several of the club’s skaters earned multiple medals in several events.
The results from the CNC Regionals are as follows:
• Bailey Jones (Star 1 Girls): silver
• Faith Richot (Star 2 Girls): bronze
• Jessabelle Atkinson-Trellenberg (Star 3 Girls): bronze
• Kolbi Seterengen (Star 3 Girls): bronze; Intro Elements: gold; Pre-Intro Interpretive: gold
• Emma Penner (Star 3 Girls): silver; Intro Elements: silver; Pre-Intro Interpretive: fifth
• Nathalie Sylvain (Star 3 Girls): bronze; Intro Elements: fourth
• Georgia Jacobson (Star 4 Girs Under 13): fifth; Intro Interpretive: silver
• Ryanne Jones (Star 4 Girls 13 and Over): bronze; Intro Interpretive: gold
• Reagan West (Star 4 Girls Under 10): bronze; Bronze Interpretive (ninth)
• Mackenna Alexander (Star 5 13 and Over): fourth
• Jade Johnson (Senior Bronze Women): eighth
• Alanna Walters (Junior Silver Women): bronze; Silver Interpretive: fourth; Senior Bronze Solo Dance: silver; Elements 3: bronze; Quad Threat: silver; Team Jamboree: silver
Ten of the WLSC’s skaters are now training and preparing for the upcoming BC Super Series Finals, held March 4-6 in Kelowna.