Riders from around the province turned out for the Fifth Annual Pedal by the Puddle enduro-format mountain bike race Sunday in Williams Lake.
Ivor McMahen, one of the organizers, said 135 adults and 35 kids participated — 58 of those competitors from out of town.
“I was thrilled with how well everything went off,” McMahen said. “The weather co-operated, we had a good turnout, Brett Tippie delivered the goods in the announcing department, the mood was upbeat and I think everybody had a good time.”
The race itself saw riders — either as individuals or as part of a two-person team — complete as many laps as possible around a 10-kilometre loop off Dog Creek’s Gun-A-Noot Trail for six consecutive hours.
Tippie, a Kamloops freeriding legend, kept riders and spectators entertained throughout the day on the mic.
“There’s a reason he’s a legend,” McMahen said. “He didn’t stop the whole day other than to sit down for a few minutes. People just loved it and it really added to the day. He provided lots of laughs and he really pumped it up.”
Riders competed in multiple categories on the day. The following are the top three finishers (where available), and number of laps completed, in each race category:
• Women’s Team Over 95: Ann Smith and Denise Deschene, four laps
• Women’s Team 76-95: Martha Shoemaker and Elisa Braccia, six laps; Leigh Sindlinger and Shawna Schaefer, five laps
• Women’s Team 0-75: Sarah Purslow and Helen Purslow, six laps; Monica Fillmore and Sarah Merkle, six laps; Amber Bowen and Angela Gutzer, four laps
• Men’s Team Over 95: Scott Forrest and Martin Daburger, seven laps; Derek Ingram and Ed Day, seven laps; Ivor McMahen and Scott McCreight, seven laps
• Men’s team 76-95: Tim Daechsel and Ryan Oliver, nine laps; Nathan Blok and Merle Tutte, eight laps; Jason Jacobs and Glen Boudreau, eight laps
• Men’s Team 0-75: Matt Janzen and Ben Crimp, eight laps; Justin Calof and Jesse Hohert, seven laps; Radim Suchanec and Tim Antill, seven laps
• Mixed Team Over 95: Melissa Newberry and Charles Newberry, four laps
• Mixed Team 76-95: Nikki Kastle and Phil Evanson, eight laps; Beth Holden and Tom Schoen, six laps; Aaron Snively and Micheline Snively, six laps
• Mixed Team 0-75: Niki Brandson and Cory Brunelle, seven laps; Kurt Williams and Jane Wellburn, six laps; Luke Abrahamse and Becky Abrahamse, five laps
• Solo Female 0-39: Grace Hiom, six laps; Brittany Klingmann, five laps; Pauline Robinson, five laps
• Solo Female 40 and Over: Angelika McKinley, four laps; Cheryl Parker, three laps; Beverly Rooke, three laps
• Solo Male 0-39: Kelly Servinski, eight laps; Kris Yip, seven laps; Jeremy Myers, seven laps
• Solo Male 40 and Over: Paul Berry, eight laps; Peter Findlay, eight laps; Troy Knutson, six laps
For full results from the race visit www.zone4.ca and search for Pedal by the Puddle.