Everything to do with horses — that was theme this past weekend at Eagle View Equestrian Centre’s annual Horsin’ Around in the Cariboo.
The event, which ran Saturday and Sunday, featured barrel racing, cattle sorting, sale horse presentations, reining demos, extreme trail demos and a dressage demo.
Lori Rankin, manager of Eagle View Equestrian Centre, said it was a phenomenal weekend.
“I want to thank our volunteer demo people for putting on a great show this weekend in between the featured events of barrel racing and cattle sorting,” Rankin said.
She pointed to the demo work of Lac La Hache’s Elli Meinart (reining), Williams Lake’s Lana Shields (bridle-less reining), McLeese Lake’s Katherine Langan (bridle-less barrel racing), Puntzi Lake’s James Allan (extreme trail) and Williams Lake’s Christina Pittman (dressage) as being top notch.
Results from Saturday’s barrel racing event are as follows:
• Race one: Peewee winner — Williams Lake’s Mackenzie Hannas; Open winner — Kamloops’ Julie Leggett; Junior winner — Quesnel’s Perri-Lynn Leneve; Senior winner — Prince George’s Debbie Skwarchuk
• Race two: Peewee winner — Hannas; Open — Puntzi Lake’s Nicole Hoessl; Junior — Leneve; Senior — Debbie Skwarchuk
• Pole bending champion: Savona’s Sarah Gerard
Cattle sorting results from Sunday are as follows:
• First — James Allan and Norm Reynolds (16 head in two runs, $250 each)
• Second — Jesse and Jon Herrick (15 head, $187 each)
• Third — Lee Ann Crosina and Sue Norquay (14 head, $125 each)
• Fourth — Katy Kosinski and Al Wilson (13 head, $62 each).