Cops for Cancer Tour de North riders are dedicating this spring and summer to helping kids with cancer.
Participants will ride more than 1,500 kilometres to train for a seven-day tour in September and fundraise thousands of dollars to help to find cures for childrens’ cancers with leading-edge research to support children and families at Camp Goodtimes.
From Williams Lake Andrew Water, Toby Klausen, Dave Dickson and Joel Kooger will make the trip from Prince George to Prince Rupert Sept. 16-22.
Organizers are asking the public to follow the ‘Cops for Cancer Tour de North’ on Facebook for upcoming events and achievements as they move forward for the next few months.
The following is the riders’ schedule for the Tour de North:
• Sept. 16 Day 1: Prince George to Vanderhoof (100 km)
• Sept. 17 Day 2: Vanderhoof to Fort St. James to Fraser lake (175 km)
• Sept. 18 Day 3: Fraser Lake to Burns Lake (70 km)
• Sept. 19 Day 4: Burns Lake to Smithers (150 km)
• Sept. 20 Day 5: Smithers to Hazelton (75 km)
• Sept. 21 Day 6: Hazelton to Terrace (145 km)
• Sept. 22 Day 7: Terrace to Prince Rupert (150 km)
In 14 years the Tour de North has raised more than $2.3 million for pediatric cancer research and support programs (www.campgoodtimes.org) in 14 years.
To make a donation to the team visit www.tourdenorth.ca or contact Erin Reynolds, Tour de North co-ordinator, at 250-645-2365.