RBC Sports Day in Canada, presented by ParticipACTION, CBC and True Sport, will be held this year on Saturday, Nov. 30 in communities from coast to coast to coast.
This national celebration of sport, grassroots to high-performance, is an opportunity for all Canadians to celebrate the power of sport, build community and national spirit and facilitate healthy, active living.
The City of Williams Lake, in partnership with the Cariboo Memorial Recreation Complex, has received a TRY-IT grant from ParticipACTION to provide lead-up activities to sports day.
Through this grant the CMRC is offering a number of free classes from Nov. 25-28 for preschoolers, youth, adults and seniors.
The goal is to give regional residents an opportunity to try a sample of programs regularly offered by the complex. No need to register, no need to pay, just arrive at the complex on time and join a class.
The schedule and program descriptions are as follows:
• Preschool Skating (3-5 years): Wednesday, Nov. 27, from 9 to 9:30 a.m.
• Mom and Toddler Yoga: Monday, Nov. 25, from 9:15 to 10:15 a.m.
• 55+ Strength Training: Monday, Nov. 25, from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Dance Express (9-12 years): Thursday, Nov. 28, from 4:45 to 5:45 p.m.
• Little Sneakers (9-12 years): Tuesday, Nov. 26, from 5 to 5:45 p.m.
• Tai Chi: Wednesday, Nov. 27, from 5:15 to 6:45 p.m.
• Tri-Sport (4-5 years): Tuesday, Nov. 26, from 5:45 to 6:30 p.m.
• Belly Dancing: Thursday, Nov. 28, from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m.