Home to some of the best fishing in B.C., guide outfitters, endless outdoor adventure and events, get out and experience our stimulating region! Here’s some of what we have to offer!
• Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin, Williams Lake: B.C.’s only ranching and rodeo museum. Discover stories, artifacts, photographs and the history of our First Nations.
• Barkerville: Still a bustling gold rush site, you can tour the town, learn the history, and pan for gold of your own! Premier Christy Clark also just recently announced $2.4 million to support Barkerville’s operations as Western North America’s largest historic site.
• Bridge Lake Rodeo: Held on the Canada Day long weekend, this family-oriented event is a must for locals and visitors. Located in plateau country with rolling hills and valleys, the rodeo is just the beginning of this incredible outdoor adventure.
• Interlakes Rodeo at Roe Lake: Going strong since 1990 on the first weekend of every August, local and international visitors just can’t get enough.
• Tweedsmuir (South) Provincial Park: Home to the 260 meter Hunlen Falls which plunge into Atnarko River, this park is popular among anglers, hikers, horseback riders, campers and canoe enthusiasts.
• Anahim Lake Stampede: Held July 7 and 8 this year, this stampede offers all the top rodeo events. Accompanied by a parade, community dances in the evenings and so much more.
• Williams Lake Mountain Biking: Dubbed the Shangri-la of mountain Biking, we’re home to the biggest bike park in the BC Interior with hundreds of kilometres of single track trails within the city limits.
Putting the fun back into funding: Work hard play hard. These are some of the projects we’ve funded this year:
• $550,000 for the extension of the Williams Lake’s River Valley Trail network through the development of an underpass.
• $49,084 to help upgrade the existing curling rink in Williams Lake.
• $401,250 to help develop wheelchair accessible wilderness trails through the Cariboo Regional District.
• $280,000 to help revitalize the popular community Bridge Creek Trails in 100 Mile House
Donna Barnett is the Liberal MLA for the Cariboo-Chilcotin.