The Williams Lake fire department has extinguished a fire in the roof a workshop/office building behind the strip mall at First Avenue North and Borland Street.
At around 11 a.m. Monday morning, Mary Scott who works in the Three Corners Health Services Society next door, noticed smoke emerging from the building and called the fire department.
“I was going to use my car for work, I park in the lot right behind the building. At first I thought I saw steam and then realized it was smoke,” Scott said.
Fire crews extinguished the fire using retardant as well as sawing into the roof and walls to make sure the fire was completely stopped.
At most there were six inch flames and a bit of smoke emerging from the building, but the fire never grew much larger than that.