The City of Williams Lake welcomes the announcement of a $3 million infrastructure investment in the community from TELUS.
The TELUS investment this year will expand the reach of TELUS’ Internet-based TV service Optik TV; increase available Internet speeds; enhance wireless capacity including access to the world’s fastest wireless technology, called 4G LTE; and connect more homes and businesses to high-speed Internet. TELUS services will be advanced by:
• Installing new wireless sites to expand the reach of LTE and enhance wireless capacity by filling in coverage gaps
• Introducing Optik TV to more local residences
• Bringing faster Internet speeds to residents and businesses
• Updating older infrastructure and technology to enhance network reliability
• Providing access to innovative healthcare IT solutions
TELUS is upgrading its telecommunications equipment serving West Ridge and Glendale overnight May 21-22. The upgrades will enhance the reliability and speed of TELUS’ service in the area
It is anticipated the work will take 15 minutes sometime between 11 p.m. May 21 and 5 a.m. May 22. Crews will work to complete the upgrade as quickly as possible, minimizing the disruption to the community.
TELUS landline services including local calls, long distance and 911 calling in both communities will be briefly unavailable.
Mobile services will not be impacted; meaning cellular calls to 911 or cellular to cellular calls within and outside the area will be available.
Local emergency operations personnel have been notified and are taking the appropriate measures.
TELUS thanks its customers for their patience and understanding.