The Cariboo Regional District kicks off the new year with its town hall meetings where directors will be seeking input on the 2012 budget and five-year financial plan before both are adopted in March. Meetings will take place throughout the Chilcotin, including:
• Area F: Jan. 16 at 6:30 p.m. at the Horsefly Community Hall
• Area E: Jan. 18 at 7 p.m. at the Williams Lake Sportsmen’s Club
• Williams Lake: Jan. 23 at 7 p.m. at Williams Lake Council Chambers
• Area J and K: Jan. 28 at 1 p.m. at Tatlka Lake Community Hall
• Area D: Jan. 31 at Wildwood Elementary School.
The CRD says the meetings are designed to explain the CRD’s budgets for the services that it provides to regional district residents. The sessions also provide an opportunity to talk about community services and general issues with the returning or newly elected CRD directors and staff. After each meeting, presentations for specific electoral areas or municipalities will be posted on the CRD website along with the preliminary budget booklet and the Town Hall meeting survey.
People unable to attend the meetings are free to view the information online, fill out a survey and e-mail it to the CRD to email@example.com or return it to the local CRD office in their community.