Do you know where to go to cast your vote for candidates running for mayor, councillor, Cariboo Regional District director, and school trustee?
General voting day is Saturday, Nov. 19 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
The following information details where to go:
Municipal election: Marie Sharpe Elementary School gymnasium, 260 Cameron St., Williams Lake.
• Electoral Area E: Mountview School, 1222 Dog Creek Rd., Williams Lake; Chilcotin Road School, 709 Lyne Rd., Williams Lake; Dog Creek School, 753 Dog Creek Rd., Dog Creek; or the CRD office, 180D North Third Ave., Williams Lake.
• Electoral Area J: Anahim Lake School, 2493 Hudson Rd., Anahim Lake; Naghtaneqed School, 8350 Nemaia Valley Rd., Nemiah Valley; Tsi Del Del Cultural Centre, (Redstone) Redstone Reserve, Puntzi Lake; Tatla Lake School, 16776 Chilcotin Highway 20, Tatla Lake; or the CRD office in Williams Lake.
• Electoral Areas E and J: CRD office in Williams Lake.
School District 27 election:
• Zone 4: Big Lake School, Horsefly School, Likely School, and 150 Mile House School.
• Zone 5: Chilcotin Road School, Dog Creek School, McLeese Lake Community Hall, Mountview School, and Wildwood School (electors who reside within the city of Williams Lake municipal boundaries and Zone 5 may vote at Marie Sharpe Elementary School).
• Zone 6: Marie Sharpe Elementary School, Williams Lake.
To vote for CRD directors voters must be age 18 or older; be a Canadian citizen; a resident of British Columbia for at least six months immediately before the day of registration; a resident of the electoral area in which you are voting for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registration; and not disqualified by any enactment from voting in an election or otherwise disqualified by law. Non-resident property electors must be 18 years of age or older on or before general voting day; be a Canadian citizen; a resident of B.C. for at least five months immediately before the day of registration; be a registered owner of real property in the applicable electoral area for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registration; be eligible to register as a resident elector in the electoral area; must only register in relation to one piece of property; and if more than one person owns the property, only one owner may register and that person must have the written consent of a majority of the other owners.
To vote for city council voters must be 18 years of age or older; be a Canadian citizen and a resident of B.C. for at least six months prior to voting day; resident or registered owner of real property in the City for at least 30 days immediately preceding voting day and not otherwise be disqualified by law from voting. Resident electors are required to provide two pieces of identification — at least one must have a signature. Picture identification is not necessary; however the identification must prove both residency and identity. Non-resident property electors who are registering at the time of voting must produce two pieces of identification, proof they are entitled to register in relation to the property and, if applicable, written consent from the other property owners. Only those individuals who own property may register as non-resident property electors.
To vote for School District 27 trustees electors must be a Canadian citizen; 18 years of age or older on general voting day; a resident of B.C. for at least six months immediately before the time of voting; a resident of the trustee electoral area for at least 30 days immediately before the time of voting; and not disqualified by law from voting.
All residents who meet these requirements can vote.