A Williams Lake mother and her two teenagers fear they lost everything they own in a house fire Sunday.
“As far as I know everything is gone,” 42-year-old Deanna Seaman said Monday.
Deanna’s 17-year-old son Shamus Brownlee had just left the house and her 13-year-old daughter, Trinity Brownlee, and 16-year-old step son Bobby Russell were at home when the fire broke out in their duplex on the corner of Midnight Drive and Boundary Street at around 2 p.m.
“I could smell something burning and I turned around and saw all the smoke,” said Trinity. “We just had to leave.”
Trinity fears the family cat perished in the fire, however, she’s holding out hope that it might have escaped out the patio door.
As of Monday afternoon the family was still in shock over what had happened.
“I haven’t gone to look because I can’t bring myself to yet. I don’t want to, but I don’t think there’s going to be anything salvagable, so I guess we will start all over again.”
The family living in the other half of the duplex has also been displaced from their home for the time being due to damage to the building.
Deanna, meanwhile, said she’s thankful her two children and a friend managed to escape from the home safely, and added the family is now staying at her boyfriend’s home while they deal with the tragedy. Sadly, the family did not have content insurance.
“We don’t have anything right now,” she said. “I’ve just been crying. That’s all.”
Seaman said the fire is suspected to be electrical.
Some friends of Deanna’s are trying to gather some basic supplies and clothes together for the family and she is grateful and humbled by that, she said.
If anyone would like to help out the family they can contact Deanna at 778-412-9066.
An account has also been setup at Williams Lake and District Credit Union under ‘Seaman family fire fund.’