The response was quick, but there was little anyone could do to save a Wildwood home from being completely destroyed by fire Thursday morning.
Homeowner Ivan Levac could only watch as crews from the local Wildwood Volunteer Fire Department and Williams Lake Fire Department fought the blaze, which broke out just before 9 a.m. at 4210 Pacific Road.
Levac said he was outside of his home working on his vehicle when the fire broke out.
“The only thing I had on was my dryer … when I heard a loud bang,” Levac said, speculating about what may have started the blaze.
Neighbours were quick to return home to offer their support to Levac, who was obviously shook up from the loss.
“Everything I own is in there,” said Levac, who moved to Wildwood from Prince George about eight years ago to work at Gibraltar Mine.
“My house is nothing, I can replace that.”
The fire also prompted a response from Fortis BC, BC Hydro, the RCMP and BC Ambulance Service, who was on hand to monitor the health of fire fighters.