F1 driver files police complaint against Montreal woman

Kimi Raikkonen is alleging extortion and harassment by a woman who claims he grabbed her breast

F1 star Kimi Raikkonen has filed a complaint with Montreal police alleging extortion and harassment by a woman who claims he grabbed her breast at a bar during Grand Prix weekend in 2016.

The allegations against the Ferrari driver are detailed in a blog item by the Montreal woman, who doesn’t name Raikkonen explicitly in the post.

RELATED: Afghan vet alleges sexual misconduct against NDP MP Christine Moore

The alleged victim, who was working as a waitress, accuses him of grabbing her breast and a member of his entourage of touching her genitals as she tried to get them to settle a bar tab.

A member of the F1 pilot’s legal team who did not want to be named told The Canadian Press on Tuesday that Raikkonen denies the allegations and claims to not know the woman or have touched her.

But a lawyer for the woman says her client is devastated and feels side-swiped and shocked by the Finnish driver’s legal manoeuvre.

“Our position is pretty simple,” said lawyer Jamie Benizri of Legal Logik, the firm representing the woman. ”Faced with allegations of this nature, we’re obviously shocked, disturbed that this would be the response.”

Benizri wouldn’t disclose the woman’s age or the amount of money being sought, but the representative of Raikkonen’s legal team described it as extremely high.

The woman’s lawyer also wouldn’t comment on the public blog posts that outline the allegations.

RELATED: NDP MP Erin Weir ousted amid harassment allegations

But he pushed back against the allegation of blackmail, saying it was “a little more graceful than an offer to settle for cash.”

“What we were looking for was an opportunity to sit down, what we were looking for was an opportunity to come to terms with what had happened to my client,” Benizri said.

“Unfortunately, that was completely misconstrued and I think they jumped the gun to defend themselves or potentially thwart an imminent action.”

Benizri said his client will collaborate with investigators and provide her version of events to police.

He said no motions have been filed in court and adds that no course of action has been ruled out.

Raikkonen’s representative claimed the demands in April and earlier this month were “aggressive” with a threat to go public.

The complaint against the Montreal resident with police was filed Monday on behalf of Raikkonen, who is being represented by a Montreal law firm.

City police said they would not comment.

Raikkonen, 38, is competing in the F1 Canadian Grand Prix Montreal on June 10.

The Canadian Press

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

Cariboo Memorial Recreation Complex back to business after fire

No damage reported as a result of roof fire Monday night

Williams Lake RCMP investigation shows no election violation

It was determined campaign activities conducted had concluded prior to the opening of the special voting opportunity

Tolko workers on strike in Williams Lake

Negotiations set to continue in Kelowna

Project seeks input from people experiencing poverty in Williams Lake area

It would be confidential, but an opportunity to hear about the reality of poverty

Roof fire forces evacuation of Cariboo Memorial Complex

Quick response keeps damage to a minimum

Rick Mercer says pot is ‘excruciatingly boring’

Comedian hopes Canadians will move onto something else once marijuana is legalized

Canada Post union issues strike notice; rotating strikes could begin Monday

Union says rotating strikes will begin if agreements aren’t reached with bargaining units

Carole James avoids questions on B.C.’s payroll tax (with video)

Green MLA Adam Olsen cites huge tax increase for local business

2 charged for feeding B.C. bear Tim Horton’s timbits

Court documents show that Randy Scott and Megan Hiltz have both been charged with feeding or attempting to feed dangerous wildlife.

Killer-rapist Paul Bernardo set for parole bid after 25 years in prison

Bernardo’s parole hearing at the Bath Institution is expected to attract numerous observers

Feds aiming to select preferred design for $60B warships by end of month

Defence insiders say the government wants to select a design by the end of the month from among three options submitted by several of the largest defence and shipbuilding companies in the world.

B.C. city wants control over its cannabis advertising rules

Without a say, towns and cities risk Washington-State-style flood of advertising, proponent says

Defence cautions against mob justice in Calgary child neglect trial

Jennifer and Jeromie Clark of Calgary have pleaded not guilty to criminal negligence causing death

Feds eyeing options to expedite pardons for minor pot convictions

Internal discussions have focused on an application-based process for speeding up pot pardons

Most Read