Between Dec. 22 and 26, the Williams Lake RCMP responded to a dozen calls ranging from assaults to intoxication.
• RCMP officers spotted a male and female walking together who were known to have a court order not to communicate with each other. Both were arrested and held for court.
• A male was arrested and held in custody for court because he was spotted in Williams Lake contrary to court conditions, and wanted on warrants for additional breach charges.
• When officers responded to an anonymous source that suspects in a black mini van had a rifle and were threatening people outside a local drinking establishment, they located two males standing outside in possession of a pool cue case, not a rifle.
• Officers arrested a well-known male for breaching his court conditions and at the time of his arrest found him in possession of black gloves, a hammer, a large butcher knife hidden up his sleeve and a multi tool. He was held to appear in court.
• RCMP received a call that a man was bleeding heavily in his neighbour’s house. When officers arrived, they discovered the male had been bitten by a female multiple times all over his torso. Both the male and female had been drinking. The matter is still under investigation.
• A male was taken to hospital after police received a call that he had been assaulted by another male. He was treated for minor lacerations, but said he didn’t want to press charges. The matter is still under investigation.
• A male reported he was assaulted by another male when he went to pick up his girlfriend’s children.
It was determined to be an ongoing child custody issue and no charges are being requested.
• Police responded to a domestic dispute between a female and a male and learned the female had punched the male in the head and he had pushed her away in defence. After it was determined the female was the primary aggressor, she was arrested and released when sober to appear in court at a later date.
• When police checked on a female hitchhiker on Highway 97 near Donald Road, they discovered she was very intoxicated and arrested her. Further investigation revealed she was bound by two probation orders not to consume alcohol and was in possession of marijuana. She is being held to appear before a justice of the peace.
• A manager at a local drinking establishment was punched in the face by an intoxicated patron. Officers attended at 10:42 p.m. and located a male who was identified as the culprit. He resisted arrest and his girlfriend tried to prevent police from arresting him, but eventually both were arrested and lodged in cells until sober. The case is still under investigation.
• RCMP responded to a 911 call at 4:23 a.m. that a man had been assaulted by his brother and that his brother had left on foot. The man said he and his brother had started fighting because his brother wouldn’t leave, that the two of them were very intoxicated, and they fought willingly. It was determined because the fight was consensual, no further action was required or requested.