City councillor members were appointed to various committees at the inaugural council meeting Tuesday night.
• Planning and operations — councillors Sue Zacharias (chair), Ivan Bonnell and Surinderpal Rathor.
• General governance — councillors Geoff Bourdon (chair), Sue Zacharias and Mayor Kerry Cook.
• Community services — councillors Laurie Walters (chair), Danica Hughes and Ivan Bonnell.
Appointments to standing, ad hoc/select and community committees:
• Zacharias — airshed quality management. Williams Lake Field Naturalists and Cariboo Regional District (alternate).
• Rathor — Communities in Bloom/Winter Lights, Stampede Park Advisory, Stampede Association liaison, water advisory (alternate) and Accessibility Advisory Committee/RickHansen event.
• Bonnell — Central Cariboo Recreation Advisory, emergency measures, water advisory and Cariboo Lodge Site Redevelopment Task Force.
• Bourdon — Economic Development Corporation and Williams Lake Central Business Improvement Area.
• Walters — Economic Development Corporation, University of Northern BC and Thompson Rivers University, Central Cariboo Arts and Culture Function liaison and Cariboo Chilcotin Coast Tourism Association.
• Hughes — Social Planning Council, Stampede Association liaison and Cariboo Chilcotin Partners for Literacy.
• Cook — Cariboo Regional District, Cariboo Chilcotin Beetle Action Coalition, Northern Development Initiative Regional Advisory, Chamber of Commerce and Community Policing.