5-year-old Ontario boy who was subject of Amber Alert found safe

Ethan Montes was found with his mother, 47-year-old Juliet Mohammed

Police say a boy who had been the subject of an Amber Alert has been found safe near Windsor, Ont.

Peel Regional Police say the five-year-old was found with his mother in Tilbury.

They say they are in the process of cancelling the Amber Alert that had been issued for him on Thursday evening.

Investigators previously said the boy was last seen with his mother in Mississauga on Wednesday afternoon.

His father reported him missing on Thursday morning.

The Canadian Press

READ MORE: B.C.-based vodka maker apologizes for posting photo of teen with drink

READ MORE: University mourns student who died in B.C. canoeing accident

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

Council moves to develop more ‘realistic’ budgets

Part of a new budget and timeline plan proposes a zero per cent tax increase in 2020

New Performances in the Park organizer needed for 2020

Are you interested in taking over this popular community event?

CRD estimates 47 properties impacted by flooding in Chilcotin

Ministry of Agriculture visits producers impacted

Williams Lake Cycling Club hosts mountain bike film Thursday evening, July 18

Doors open at 6 p.m., the show Return to Earth starts at 7 p.m.

Chiefs honour Tsilhqot’in leader wrongfully hanged in B.C. 154 years ago today

Chief Joe Alphonse says they want his remains returned to his homeland in B.C.’s Cariboo region

Feds lowered poverty line, reducing the number of seniors in need: documents

Liberals introduced a poverty line that was below the prior low-income cutoff

BCHL: Alberni Valley Bulldogs have been sold

Victoria company has purchased BCHL team, but will keep it in Port Alberni

Justin Trudeau’s carbon footprint revealed in ranking of world leaders

Travel company ranks 15 world leaders’ foreign flight CO2 emissions

“Does Kirby care?” B.C. First Nation’s group using geo-targeted ads in Houston, Texas for justice

The Heiltsuk Tribal Council has called out Kirby Corporation for the Nathan E. Stewart oil spill

Trudeau announces $79M investment for 118 more public transit buses across B.C.

Contributions from municipal to federal level to fund more buses in a bid to cut commutes

B.C. woman wins record $2.1 million on casino slot machine

‘That night was so surreal … I wasn’t able to sleep or eat for the first two days,’ she said

After B.C. dad’s death, Technical Safety BC wants changes to trampoline park rules

Jay Greenwood, 46, did ‘a series of acrobatic manoeuvres prior to a fall that caused serious injury and cardiac arrest’

$900M settlement reached in class action on sexual misconduct in Canadian military

After facing criticism, the government moved to begin settlement proceedings in early 2018

Tax take stays ahead of increased B.C. government spending

Tax revenue $2.1 billion higher than budget in 2018-19

Most Read