Candidates for the municipal, regional, and school board election have been declared.
Three people are running for mayor:
• Walt Cobb
• Kerry Cook
• Scott Nelson
Fourteen people are running for a seat on council:
• Ivan Bonnell
• Mike Bouchard
• Geoff Bourdon
• Peter Bowman
• Tanessa Fairburn
• Steve Forseth
• Danica Hughes
• Mike Jacobson
• Paul Kondola
• Gordon Keener
• Surinderpal Rathor
• Richard Vollo
• Laurie Walters
• Sue Zacharias
To view each candidate’s nomination documents, including their financial disclosure statements, visit http://www.williamslake.ca/index.asp?p=1990 and click on the candidate’s name.
Cariboo Regional District
The following nomination packages have been submitted and accepted by the Cariboo Regional District’s chief election officer, Alice Johnston, as of 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 14. Further nominations are not permitted.
• Area A — Red Bluff/Quesnel South/Kersley: Ted Armstrong
• Area B — West Chilcotin/Bouchie Lake: Heloise Dixon-Warren
• Area C — Barlow Creek/Barkerville: John Massier
• Area D — Commodore Heights/McLeese Lake: Deb Bischoff
• Area E – South Lakeside/Dog Creek: Bill Carruthers, Brandy Dickey, Byron Kemp, and Stacy Wong
• Area F – 150 Mile/Horsefly/Likely: Joan Sorley
• Area G — Lac La Hache: Al Richmond
• Area H — Canim Lake/Forest Grove: Ron Lister and Margo Wagner
• Area I — West Fraser/Nazko: Jim Glassford
• Area J — West Chilcotin: Alex Bracewell, Ted Hlokoff, and Roger William
• Area K — East Chilcotin: Chad Memett
• Area L — Lone Butte/Interlakes: Tom Baranlak and Bruce Rattray
Following the legislated deadlines for challenge of nominations and candidate withdrawal, a formal Notice of Election by Voting will be issued with information pertaining to voting dates, locations, etc.
School District 27
School District 27 has released the nomination papers of 2011 candidates now that the nomination period has closed.
Nomination documents are available on the school district website from the time of filing until Dec. 23.
The following are declared as candidates for the 2011 trustee election.
• Zone 1 (CRD Area H and parts of G and L)
• Zone 2 (Most of CRD Area G, part of L surrounding Green Lake, and TNRD area E to 70 Mile, conforming with the southern boundaries of School District No. 27)
• Zone 3 (District of 100 Mile House)
• Zone 4 (CRD Area F)
• Zone 5 (CRD Area E and part of D that lies within the boundaries of School District No. 27 and including parts of Sunset Drive and South Lakeside Drive)
• Zone 6 (City of Williams Lake excluding parts of Sunset Drive and South Lakeside Drive)
Dr. Doug Neufeld
• Zone 7 (CRD Area J and part of K that lies within the boundaries of School District No. 27)
To view each candidate’s nomination papers, visit http://www.sd27.bc.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=41&Itemid=307#NominationPapers and click on name for a PDF document of the papers.