The ArtsWells Festival Of All Things Art runs Friday, July 31 to Monday Aug. 3 featuring more than 100 musical performances on 12 stages including folk, hip-hop, electronic, world, pop, roots, jazz, country, and funk.
There will also be more than 20 different workshops to attend where visitors can learn everything from Ukrainian dance to lyric writing to clowning and so much more. • Activities for kids including a crafting station, a children’s stage and workshops geared towards children.
• Screenings of independent films as well as local theatre productions.
• The 14th International One Minute Play Festival.
• A host of inter-genre literary performances and workshops. Including: storytelling/writing, poetry, and the unexpected.
• A visual ArtWalk around the town of Wells.
• Artisans selling their wares.
• Discounts to local attractions like Barkerville Historic Town – where you can catch more ArtsWells musical acts just eight kilometres down the road.
Wells has always been a town vibrant with arts and culture.
In the 1930s, musical acts were enjoyed in the very same Wells Community Hall where many of this year’s shows and exhibitions are being held.
Artists have travelled from across the country to this little mountain town to be part of this inspiring collaboration!
This is a four-day outdoor and indoor event designed with community in mind.
Organizers invite visitors to enjoy the weekend taking in all the great artists, the local flavour of nature trails, historical sites, artisans, and friendly folk! Visit www.artswells.com for details and ticket information.