Thursday, Jan. 24 is Reach a Reader Day in Williams Lake, a day when everyone is encouraged to read for 15 minutes. This annual event is organized by Cariboo Chilcotin Partners for Literacy.
The goal is to raise awareness of the importance of literacy and to raise funds for local literacy programs.
This year we are working in partnership with School District 27 to expand our activities to include all schools in the Reading for 15 program.
Now we are inviting you to join us.
Your business, agency, family, youth group, seniors group, etc, can join in the Read for 15 fun.
For those of you with really young kids, 15 minutes will be a long time and can be adjusted accordingly.
There’s lots of ways to do it.
• A supervisor reads to staff.
• Have a staff meeting and people read silently. Afterwards people can talk about what they read or are reading.
• Buddy reading. For those of you with no children in school, that means one person reads to another.
• Have a friendly competition with another business or agency
• Invite another family to read with yours.
• Have a local “celebrity” read to your group.
It doesn’t matter – just read for 15 minutes.
We have some nifty neon pencils you can give to your group once you’ve Read for 15.
The pencils have the slogan Readers are Leaders on them. Limited quantities of the pencils are available so we’re sure they will be a coveted item.
Fill out the form below and fax it back to us.
Send pictures if you have some.
Let’s see how many people we can get reading for 15 minutes on Jan. 24.
For more information, call Carla Bullinger at 250-267-8249.
Readers are Leaders
We Read for 15
Fax: 250-398-7871 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Carla Bullinger
Name of Business/Agency/Group (etc.):
Number of people who read:
What did you do?