Having trouble getting your children to go for a walk with you?
If you play games and give them challenges along the way that will change.
• Run ahead and hide like wildlife would do. They must be within three metres of the trail. The seekers must find them. If you do this often the children will start choosing their clothing for the best camouflage.
• Put a bracelet of tape on their wrist sticky side out and let them collect natural items to stick on.
• Shape Walk: Look for natural shapes. Find two of each of the following: circle, square, rectangle, triangle.
• Tree Walk: Pick up a leaf and show it to everyone. People must search for trees that have the same type of leaf. (or flower or fruit)
• Centimetre Walk: Identify things that are one centimetre long, wide, high, or around.
• Find a bug with six legs, eight legs, no legs.
• Find a-flower with five petals, four petals, six petals.