With only 10 teams entered this year, Clean Air Week Commuter Challenge 2011 still managed to commute a total of 2,351 kilometers over five days.
By biking, walking, busing and carpooling, teams and individuals had the option of winning under the most carbon and fine particulate reduced and highest percentage of staff participating in the following four team categories:
The team winners were awarded gift certificates from a local business of their choice.
Names of all participants in the challenge were entered into a draw for a prize or gift certificate from local merchants.
For each day they participated during Clean Air Week, their name was entered into the draw. The more days they participated, the greater were their chances of winning a draw prize.
The category winners are:
1) School/Service Club:
• Marie Sharpe staff won for most carbon and fine particulate reduced
• Sunshine and Smiles Daycare Steppers won for the highest percentage of staff participation
• Team Shreddi (Red Shreds) won for the most carbon reduced
• Public Health team won for the highest percentage of staff participation
• The Donahues won for most carbon reduced
• Team Glessing won for the highest percentage participating
• Steward Westy for most carbon reduced.
Clean Air Week is sponsored by the City of Williams Lake and the Williams Lake Air Quality Roundtable.