The Central Cariboo Arts and Culture Society (CCACS) is pleased to announce the recipients of the second intake of the Society’s pilot Support Grants program. Applications were received for new support grants for capital purchase, general programs, community-based and individual artists of up to $1,000 each.
The CCACS granted ten non-profit/community groups or individual artists with financial support for a total of $9,950 to help further develop arts and culture in Williams Lake and the Central Cariboo (CRD Areas D, E, and F).
The funding for these grants is made available from the Central Cariboo Arts and Culture Society.
CCACS Support Grant Recipients, Pilot Intake #2, for grants to be completed by Dec. 31, 2018:
Capital Purchase Support Grants:
• Cariboo Chilcotin Youth Fiddle Society ($950), to purchase speakers, bodhran drums and sticks.
• Community Arts Council of Williams Lake and Area ($1,000), to purchase a laptop and printer.
• Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin ($1,000), to purchase collections management system computer hardware.
General Program Support Grants:
• Downtown Williams Lake ($1,000), to support ArtWalk Buskers.
• Lake City Secondary Columneetza Band Program ($1,000), to offer Freedom Arts programming with Angela Roy.
Community-Based Support Grants:
• Cariboo Gold Dance Band ($1,000), to offer a workshop and public performance.
• Cariboo Chilcotin Youth Fiddle Society ($1,000), to offer a public barn dance.
• Likely and District Chamber of Commerce ($1,000), to send Cedar City Museum staff to visit and learn from the Kamloops Musuem, and to obtain staff computer training.
Individual Artist Professional Development Support Grants:
• Christina Mary ($1,000), to attend a five-day basket weaving workshop in Saskatchewan.
• Simone Buck ($1,000), to attend a six-day painting workshop in Germany.