A total of $25,000 in project grant funding has been divided between 15 non-profit organizations by the Central Cariboo Arts and Culture Society.
Project grants are available annually to support the development of arts and culture through the Central Cariboo Arts and Culture function provided by the City of Williams Lake and the Cariboo Regional District Areas D, E, and F.
The 2017 CCACS grant recipients are as follows:
• Arts on the Fly Festival Society: Safety Meeting Concert Series ($2,445)
• Cariboo Chilcotin Child Development Centre: Uptown Art ($3,000)
• Cariboo Friendship Society: Kukwpi7 ($2,810)
• Cariboo Gold Dance Band: An Evening to Remember ($1,600)
• Community Arts Council of Williams Lake: Soundscapes ($3,000)
• Horsefly River Roundtable: Horsefly River Salmon Festival ($1,000)
• Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin: 150 Events from Williams Lake and Cariboo Chilcotin History for Canada’s 150th Anniversary ($1,900)
• Potato House Sustainable Community Society: Potato House Mini Mural Project ($1,000)
• Soda Creek Indian Band (Xat’sull): Aboriginal Day ($370)
• Station House Studio and Gallery Society: Gallery Opening Nights with Live Music ($900)
• Williams Lake Central Business Improvement Association: Buskers Fest ($1,000)
• Williams Lake Community Band: Band Workshop and Evening Concert Celebrating Canada’s 150th Birthday ($2,150)
• Williams Lake and District Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Centre: WORDS on Broadway (Ave) ($1,935)
• Williams Lake Spinners, Weavers, and Fibre Artists’ Guild: Narrowgoods Weaving Workshop ($565)
• Women’s Contact Society: #BeBoldForChangePoetry ($1,325)
For more information contact Central Cariboo Arts and Culture Society executive director Leah Selk at 778-412-9044 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.