Cataline PAC at work for students

The annual Cataline Christmas Craft Fair will feature both local artists and crafters along with some home-based businesses.

The annual Cataline Christmas Craft Fair will feature both local artists and crafters along with some home-based businesses, says Jen Brown, Cataline Elementary School Parent Advisory Council chair.

There will be a total of 38 vendors participating in the fair that takes place at the school Saturday, Nov. 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 20 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

The fair features a wide variety of handmade items such as Alpaca clothing, handmade soap and doggie treats, wooden toys, barn wood home decor and picture frames, linens, succulents in tea cups, canning, baked goods and more, Brown says.

“There is definitely something for everyone,” Brown says.

This year the vendors are split with about 80 per cent offering hand crafted items and the other 20 per cent offering home-based businesses items such as scrapbooking materials and materials to create your own essential oils, Brown says.

Instead of holding a raffle, she says there will be lots and lots of door prizes to take home throughout the day.

The craft fair takes place in the school gymnasium. The concession will be open in the library featuring chilli and buns, hot dogs, popcorn, sweets, and refreshments.

The Cataline Christmas Craft Fair helps to raise funds for the school.

This year Brown says the PAC is working on raising funds to purchase smart boards, tablets for younger grades, and yoga mats.