- Our Town
- 2015 Federal Election
Accessibility Award of Merit nominations open
Nominations for the city’s Accessibility Award of Merit will be accepted by the city until March 31.
The City of Williams Lake and its Accessibility Advisory Committee host the awards to raise awareness about the need to improve quality of life for all disabled people by removing the physical and social barriers that impede them from participating in all aspects of community life.
The advisory committee is inviting the public to nominate individuals, groups or businesses that have made a significant contribution to improve accessibility within the City of Williams Lake.
Eligibility and nomination criteria is as follows:
• Businesses nominated must be located within the City of Williams Lake boundaries.
• Individuals can live outside the boundaries but must provide a service to the citizens of Williams Lake. Individuals, organizations and businesses are eligible for nominations.
• The nominee has demonstrated a commitment to increase accessibility above and beyond what is required by law or regulation.
• The nominee has improved accessibility for persons with disabilities or special needs.
• The business, individual or group being nominated must have provided a service for the citizens of Williams Lake.
• The nominator must provide strong evidence in support of the nominee’s contribution and/or commitment. Letters of support and photographs will enhance the nomination.
• Nominators can submit more than one nomination and they cannot nominate themselves.
• Improvements or contributions should have occurred within the last two years.
• The closing date for nominations is March 31, 2014. Nomination forms are available at www.williamslake.ca/index.asp?p=1830.
Awards will be announced during Access Awareness Day on Saturday June 7, 2014. For more information contact Manager of Active Living Deborah Radolla at 250-392-1788.