News

House fire starts in dryer

The Williams Lake fire department responded to a house fire on Foster Way Sunday night around 11 p.m.

“The fire started in a clothes dryer and spread to the washer and part of the room as well,” Fire Chief Des Webster said Monday.

“The fire damage was contained to the laundry room, however, there was smoke damage to the rest of the basement.”

Webster said once again it was a working smoke alarm that alerted the residents to the fire.

“The resident tried to extinguish the fire with a fire extinguisher, but was unable. Not sure of the cause or the cost of the damage.”

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Mount Polley dike completed, investigators move in
 
Woman hopes to retrieve lost engagement ring
 
Lending a helping hand
B.C. teachers endorse six-year deal, 86 per cent in favour (with VIDEO)
 
Amateur photographer contest winners announced
 
Open house sheds light on Treaty
BC Ferries to cut routes and senior discount, test slot machines between Island-Lower Mainland
 
RDEK officials approve Lilac Terrace donation
 
Snowboarder admits guilt, agrees to pay for damaged church sign

Community Events, September 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Sep 19 edition online now. Browse the archives.